You have the ability to create an email template in which has a pre-existing information already within the email that you can use when sending to members.
1. Hover over Memberships, and click on Communications.
2. Under the Settings tab, select the Email Templates tab.
3. Click on Create Email Template.
4. Input the Email Template Name - this is the name of the template that will only be shown internally so you know what this email template is about, when you go to email members.
5. Input the Subject- this is the subject line that will appear as the ''title'' when this email is sent to members.
6. Input a descrption if you wish- this is not compulsory and will only show internally - this is basically used if you need extra information about what/who this email template is for.
7. Input the your information as Message Plain Text or Message Rich Text - this is the information that members will see in the email.
- Message Plain Text doesn't support bold, italic, colored fonts, or other text formats. It also doesn't support pictures that are displayed directly in the message body. Users sometimes put information is as plain text as some email accounts do not allow for fancy fonts and formatting.
- Message Rich Text allows you to inout fancy fonts and formatting, like bolds, italics, images etc.
NOTE: although most email accounts now suit Message Rich Text, we recommend using both options just in case you have one or two members whose email accounts cannot view this fancy fonts and formatting.
9. Select an Email Letterhead - this is optional and not required to be filled out.
NOTE: email letterheads are currently not functioning correctly so please refrain from creating or using one. We aim to get this resolve ASAP.
10. Once happy, click Save.
HOW TO I USE ATTACH THIS EMAIL TEMPLATE WHEN I EMAIL MEMBERS?
Follow the steps listed in sending an email to members (inser link). After you have selected your recipients for the email you will be asked to compose your email.
Select the email template you created from the left hand side which will then populate the email based on the template, then continue through with the steps.