If you would like your product to only be visible for members of a particular age or age range, you will need to set this within the product itself.
For this example, we will want to set the age group so that this product only shows for members that are aged 13 years old as of the season start date.
When setting the age groups you have three options in which you can set the date or how old a member has to be to count within that age group:
- Specific date: you will set this to the date for members that will be that particular age, based on the their date of birth.
- In this example, these dates would be at-least 13 on 01 Jan 2019 and no older than 13 on 01 Jan 2019.
- Season start date: will be the age of the member based on the date that the season starts.
- In this example, if our season starts on the 01 Jan 2019, a member would need to be at-least 13 on 01 Jan 2019 and no older than 13 on the 01 Jan 2019.
- Season end date: will be the age of the member based on the date the season ends.
- In this example, if our season ends on the 31 Dec 2019, a member would need to be at-least 13 on 31 Dec 2019 and no older than 13 on the 31 Dec 2019.
Example for setting up Age Display Rules for Specific Date:
1. Set the age group display rule to No.
2. Under Participants age must be at least, input 13 and select Specific Date, then select the relevant date.
3. Then we would put 13 on Specific Date and select the same date under no older than.
This will now base this product to only be available for those members who are 13 as of 01 Jan 2019.
NOTE: the same date must be used when using either specific date, season start date or season end date.
NOTE: once you have set these age display rules it will be best to give this a test run by inputting different dates of births on within the registration form to ensure this filters to the correct age.