Once you have finished loading in all your content into your GameDay Website and want to "Go Live" with your website, the following must occur in sequential order.
1. You will need to contact our Customer Success Team to communicate that you are ready to Go Live.
Phone: 1300 139 970
You will need to provide the following information:
a). Your domain name
b). Your Go Live preferred date - NOTE: We need at least 2 business days notice of the day you want to go live and we don't schedule any Go Live dates on Fridays due to its proximity to the weekend.
2. We then begin the process of migrating your staging site content database into this new server environment
(IMPORTANT: Once we start this process, you can't make any content changes to the staging site until the website has Go Live process is entirely complete. Any content that you add into the staging site once this process has begun will not get copied across.
3. Once the migration of your staging site is complete, we will provide you with the IP address of the new server.
4. Your IT team or domain support team will need to change the Domain Name Settings (DNS) to have the A record point to the new server IP (provided at step 3).
NOTE: The domain name settings usually involves just pointing the A record to our server's IP address, but each domain name can have its own complexities such as not having the NameServers hosted with the domain. We urge our clients to contact their IT support to make the changes outlined in steps 3-6.
5. The DNS change will experience propagation and the new website can take any where from 2 to 24 hours to take effect.
6. Once the DNS change has propagated through the internet, your new website will be live for your viewers.
Once your website is live, you will no longer add content into your staging site URL. Instead you will need to log into your live website's back end and make content changes there.
You will use the same USERNAME and PASSWORD that you used for the staging site, but will need to go to your live website's URL. Eg. below
Note: If your domain has a ".au" then you will need to add that after the ".com"