This article will guide you through the process of creating a Generic Promo Code.
1) Log into your dashboard and select the "Promotions" item from the left-hand side menu.
2) Select the "Promo Codes" tab as pictured below, and then select the "Create New Promo Code" button.
3) A setup wizard will appear where you will go through and set up the promo code how you see fit.
- "Promo Code Type" - Select 'Generic Promo Code'.
- "Promo Code Name" - A simple name for your code to identify it.
- "Description" - Not mandatory to fill out but useful if you want to have multiple promo codes and need more information about each one.
- "Applied Discount Type" - Select either Percentage or Amount. (eg a 10% discount code or a $10 discount code)
- "Promo Code Value" - The value of the discount, as determined by the previous field (percentage or amount).
- "Available from" and "Available to" - A date range where the promo code is valid and can be used on registration forms. If a user tries to use this code outside of this date range, they will receive an error and the code will not be applied to their total cost.
- "Status" - Can be set to 'Active' or 'Inactive'. Active meaning the code will work successfully if also within the date ranges set. Inactive meaning the code cannot be used at all.
4) Once you have filled out these fields, click the "Continue" button in the bottom right corner.
5) This will bring you to the "Amount To" page of the setup wizard. On this page you will determine what this specific promo code can be applied to.
Your options are:
You will have the choice of applying this promo code to all active products in your organisation, a specific product type (Membership or event products) or only specific products that have been created. You can change between these by clicking the different options in the "Products to Discount" field. Clicking between them will give you different options to choose where the code will be available to use.
Applying to all active products:
Applying to product type: This will give you a drop-down menu to select from.
Applying to specific product: This will give you an option to select specific products.
You can select one or more products by ticking the checkbox for those product/s and clicking the 'Add' button in the bottom right of the popup window.
b) Specific Event
Simply click on 'Please select an event' to bring up a popup window where you will be given a list of your events in your organisation to choose from.
c) Specific Event Template
If you wish for your promo code to be available to multiple events that use the same event template, you can select this template from the list by first clicking 'Please Select an Event' and then clicking 'Select' on the template you want to use.
d) Specific Registration Form
With this option, you can have your promo code be valid by anyone who registers using a specific registration form. Simply click 'Please Select a Form' and then select the registration form in the popup window that appears.
Once you have selected where your promo code will be available to be used, press 'Continue' in the bottom right corner.
6) This next page will give you the ability to decide how many times your promo code can be used and what the actual promo code is exactly.
"Usage Limit" - This is how many times your promo code can be used by your members. Must be at least 1 to be able to proceed.
"Enter Code" - This is where you input the actual code that people will use when going through their registration form. Once you have entered the code, you will see it appear below under "Your Promo Code".
7) Click Continue in the bottom right corner to proceed to the Review stage. Here you are given an overview of the promo code you have created so far. If all is correct, click 'Confirm and Save'. If you need to go back and edit some details of the promo code, use the Back button in the bottom right.
8) Once you have clicked Confirm and Save, your promo code is active and ready to use. You will be taken to the promo code details page where you can edit any of the fields you have filled in so far, as well as see the Usage Overview of this code.
More information on managing existing promo codes can be found here.