Admins have the ability to generate an event ID for participants when registering for an event. Some organisations refer to these a bib numbers.
Event IDs for participants can be created two ways:
- Via an ID rule set up for events.
- Via an existing member ID rule used generically for members (if memberID management is enabled). More information related to memberID rules can be found here and is explained how to be enabled here.
Below is how to set a participant ID rule for events.
NOTE: if you are unable to see this from your organisation then this may not be enabled for your organisation, please contact us directly to get this enabled. If you are part of a national body please speak to them directly.
1. Click the drop down arrow against EVENTS > MANAGE EVENTS.
2. Click the EVENT PARTICIPANT ID MANAGEMENT TAB.
3. Click the CREATE NEW RULE button.
4. A pop up box will appear where you can enter parameters for this rule.
NOTE: as you input the following values the bottom of this screen will provide an example of what your IDs will look like if you choose those certain values, you can chop and change as you wish.
4a. Input a name for this rule.
4b. PREFIX/SUFIX (optional) - here you can choose if you want a prefix or suffix for your rule - these fields are optional and can be used if you want to more easily idenitfy what level of rule this is.
(For example; say if you want these IDs to reflect that they are part of a specific organisation (if you have a heirarchy) or a specific event so it can be more easily tracked when reporting).
4c. Input a starting number you wish to have for these IDs to start at.
Most organisations choose to start with 1 however you can choose whatever value you wish to start with.
(Starting number cannot be more digits than maximum number)
4d. Input a max number for how long your ID will be (can be between 2-10 digits long).
You will notice based on the values you have inputted above there is an example provided of what your IDs will look like based on the values, so feel free to chop and change until they are set as how you want.
5. Once happy with values selected, click CREATE NEW RULE.
6. This new rule can be used to create IDs when entrants register to events. How to enable this rule to be used within events can be found here (insert).
How do I make a event participant ID rule inactive?
A rule can be made inactive (so it can't be selected as a participant ID rule when creating an event) by clicking the drop down arrow against the rule and select INACTIVE.