If you would like your product to only be visible for members of a particular age or age range, you will need to set this within the product itself.
Admins have the ability to set the following when it comes to age ranges:
- Only a minimum age - they need to be at least a certain age before they can purchase this product based on the four options
- Only a maximum age - they can be no older than a certain age before they can purchase this product based on the four options
- Both a maximum and minimum age - they need to be an age between those to ages in order for them to purchase this product based on the four options.
When setting the age groups you have four options in which you can set the date or how old a member has to be to count within that age group:
- Specific date: you will set this to the date for members that will be that particular age, based on the their date of birth.
- In this example, these dates would be at-least 18 on 01 Jan 2019 and no older than 13 on 01 Jan 2019.
- Season start date: will be the age of the member based on the date that the season starts.
- In this example, if our season starts on the 01 Jan 2019, a member would need to be at-least 18 on 01 Jan 2019.
- Season end date: will be the age of the member based on the date the season ends.
- In this example, if our season ends on the 31 Dec 2019, a member would need to be no younger than 18 on 31 Dec 2019.
- Registration date: will be the age of the member based on the day they are registering
Example for setting up Age Display Rules for Specific Date:
For this example, we will want to set the age group so that this product only shows for members that are seniors as of the season start date, so the age range would 18+.
1. Set the age group display rule to No.
2. Under Please select a minimum and/or maximum age for participants, input 18 within the minimum age box and select Specific Date, then select the relevant date.
In this example, you would leave the maximum age blank as you are allowing anyone over the age of 18 to register- if you want to limit this to a maximum age of 60 then you can add 60 into the maximum age box.
3. Select one of the four options, in this case it will be season start date, and then select the relevant season.
This product has now been set up to display for those over the age of 18 based on the start of the 2019 Spring season.
NOTE: once you have set these age display rules it will be best to give this a test run by inputting different dates of births on within the registration form to ensure this filters to the correct age.