Once you have finished loading in all your content into your GameDay Website and want to "Go Live" with your website, the following must occur in sequential order.
1. You will need to contact our Customer Success Team to communicate that you are ready to Go Live.
- Phone: 1300 139 970
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to provide the following information:
- Name of your organisation (in case this is not included in your domain name)
- Your domain name
- Your ''Go Live'' preferred date
NOTE: We need at least 2 business days notice of the day you want to go live and we don't schedule any Go Live dates on Fridays due to its proximity to the weekend.
An example of an email to send to us is below:
2. We then begin the process of migrating your staging site content database into this new server environment. This process can usually be done in 24 hours however it can take up to 2 days to complete.
IMPORTANT: Once we start this process, you can't make any content changes to the staging site until the website has Go Live process is entirely complete. Any content that you add into the staging site once this process has begun will not get copied across.
3. Once the migration of your staging site is complete, we will provide you with the IP address of the new server. In this process we have redirected the IP address to your domain name.
4. YOUR IT team or domain support team will need to change the Domain Name Settings (DNS) to have the A record point to the new server IP (provided at step 3).
NOTE: The domain name settings usually involves just pointing the A record to our server's IP address, but each domain name can have its own complexities such as not having the NameServers hosted with the domain. We urge our clients to contact their IT support to make the changes outlined in steps 3-6.
5. The DNS change will experience propagation and the new website can take any where from 2 to 24 hours to take effect.
6. Once the DNS change has propagated through the internet, your new website will be live for your viewers. Please email us back on the email chain you have with our team to confirm the website is now live so we can close this case.