When you go to change the ID for a member and you are getting an error message about the ''ID is already in use'', this means that another member within the sport/organisation already has this specifc ID, so you will need to find this member that current has it > change theirs> then use the ID for the relevant member. Steps on how to do this are below:
NOTE: you can only change IDs if they are generated and managed at your level - if an ID is not created at your level (e.g it's a national/state ID) then you will need to contact that organisation and they can change this ID.
In this example Coach Stewart needs to have the ID of ''345'' however currently Ash MemberID currently has this number, so we need to change Ash's ID in order to give it to Coach.
NOTE: if this member had this ID listed as a ''previous ID'' this means the member used to have this ID but no longer does so it can be used for another member as long as no one else has it. These previous IDs cannot be deleted.
If you are unsure if a member has this specific ID then search for it using the advanced search.
1. Search for the current ID within the advanced search bar. This will provide the members name it currently belongs to.
2. Click on the Ash's name to go into the member record.
3. Click the drop down arrow against the organisation record.
You will see that Ash current has this ID so we need to change it so she no longer has this ID.
4. Click EDIT against the memberID field.
5. Input a random number and click update.
Ash now has this new ID.
You can now go and assign the 345 ID to Coach.
6. Search for this member within the search bar or member list.
7. Click into the member profile of Coach
8. Click the drop down arrow against the organisation record.
You will see that Coach current has a different ID so we need to change it so he now has the correct ID.
9. Click EDIT against the memberID field.
10. Input the 345 ID that he needs to have and click update.
Coach now has the correct ID.